1) HOW LONG CAN I KEEP MY STONEY BOIS “GLOB SWABS”PRODUCTS AND WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO STORE THEM?
- We suggest storing your Glob Swabs in a cool, dry place away from dampness and humidity. When stored properly, your products should last for many years.
2) WHY IS BAMBOO A SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVE?
- Unlike trees that take more than 30 years to grow, bamboo matures in 3 to 5 years and is ready for harvest in just a short span of time. Some bamboo species even grow up to 4 feet every 24 hours. This means that there will always be an abundant supply of bamboo even if they are used commercially. Unlike trees, harvesting does not kill the bamboo plant, which means there’s little to no topsoil erosion. Bamboo is also biodegradable which is perfect for single-use products such as the bamboo Q-tips. Even if you dispose of the bamboo stick, it will decompose and not leave any harmful remnants that can endanger animals.
3) Are Stoney Bois Glob Swabs environmentally friendly?
- Yes. Stoney Bois glob swabs are 100% organic cotton swabs, made with certified biodegradable materials, including the durable bamboo sticks.
4) How many swabs should I use per use?
- Depending on how soiled your glass is you want to use 1-2 swabs to soak up the residue, we would recommend then adding another 1 or 2 swabs dipped in 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove any leftover sticky reminisce.
5) Is it even worth it to use swabs? Can’t I just use a torch and burn off the remaining residue?
- If you want to preserve your Quartz and be able to use it for years to come then it’s recommended you not just burn off the residue. When burning the residue off you are putting a lot of wear and tear on the glass and it will “Chazz” which makes the quartz have a foggy look and essentially ruin your quartz glass.
6) What is the best way to clean my quartz glass?
- While the glass is still warm, use a Stoney Bois glob swab to clean out any oil that has puddled up in the glass. Use one end of a cotton swab to soak up any oil, letting it absorb without spreading to other parts of the glass. After the glass is dry and cooled off to room temperature you should dip another glob swab in some 99% iso alcohol and give your glass another rub down.
7) Is using alcohol on my glass necessary?
- No, however if you want to preserve your quartz glass for a long time then yes it is 100% recommended.
8) Will there be any other products coming soon for the Stoney Bois brand?
- Yes, stay tuned
9) Will they burn?
- Yes at temperatures over 600°F+ the cotton will burn.
10) Where do you guys get the bamboo?
- The bamboo used in Stoney Bois Glob Swabs is sourced from sustainably sourced forest
11) How can I buy some glob Swabs?
- You can order directly from our website, or you can buy from your local smoke shop. If you don’t see it on the shelves make sure to request it!
12) Do you guys have any shirts or merch?
- Yes we do! We carry a handful of Branded merch items sold through our website, on the top left corner of the website there is a drop down menu, from there you can browse the available merchandise. There you will find everything from shirts and hoodies to coffee mugs and mouse pads.